Botevgrad Municipality is located in Southwest Bulgaria and is the fourth largest municipality in Sofia District. The territory of the municipality is 519 km2 or 7,3% of Sofia District's territory. The neighboring municipalities are Pravets, Etropole, Gorna Malina, Elin Pelin, Svoge, Mezdra, and Roman.
The municipality consists of 13 settlements- the municipal center Botevgrad town and 12 villages: Bozhenitsa, Vratchesh, Gurkovo, Elovdol, Kraevo, Lipnitsa, Litakovo, Novachene, Radotina, Rashkovo, Skravena and Trudovets.
The terrain is plain- valley and mountainous.
• Location of international roads
Botevgrad is situated on an important crossroad. On its territory is the main road E-79 connecting Vidin to Kulata. This road is part of the important transport Pan-European corridor №4, ensuring the link between Romania to the north and Greece to the south. Another important road is E-83 Pleven- Botevgrad, which ensures the link to Lovech District. Main transportation road is also E-722, Botevgrad- Veliko Tarnovo- Varna.
• Distance to strategic sites
- Botevgrad- Sofia (Capital) – 64 km; duration – 55 min..;
- Botevgrad – Sofia Airport – 63 km; duration – 53 мин.;
- Botevgrad – Danube Bridge 2 (Vidin) – 174 km; duration – 2 hrs. 35 min.;
- Botevgrad – Kalotina Border Cross (Serbia) – 122 km; duration – 1 hrs.32 min.;
- Botevgrad – Bourgas Port 430 km.; duration – 4hrs.
• Natural Resources
The territory of the municipality is rich in water resources. Apart from the numerous rivers, Bebresh Dam is situated in Botevgrad Municipality (492 km²) - main water source for the population. About 50% of the municipal territory is taken by forests, and about 11% is urbanized territory. A stone quarry is also operating in the municipality.
All rights reserved! Copyright @2017